[Swift-user] Printing to the terminal and inadequate documentation

David Kelly davidk at ci.uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 15 18:47:36 CDT 2012

Hi Jonathan,

I think what you are looking for here is tracef(). It has a syntax similar to C's printf.

tracef("Hello\n");

You don't need to call this from within an app function. More examples of how to use this are in the user guide at http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/trunk/userguide/userguide.html#_tracef.

The best documentation that we have right now is the user guide and the tutorial at http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/docs/index.php. If you notice that there is something missing or not clear, please let us know.

Thanks,
David