[Swift-user] GSISSH in Swift [was Fwd: [Swift-devel] Documentation of sites.xml]

Jonathan Monette jonmon at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 23 15:48:22 CST 2012

On Jan 23, 2012, at 3:13 PM, Mihael Hategan wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-01-21 at 20:20 -0600, Jonathan Monette wrote:
>> So we use the etc./provider-sscl.properties file instead of
>> an .ssh/config file?
>
> No. That's strictly for the ssh executable.
>
>>  I ask this because it looks like the code that allows you to specify
>> a username and private key file in the sites file is still there.  I
>> know from past testing that at least specifying a username in the
>> sites file was not being honored.
>>

> Right. Not when starting coasters. Jobs run through the ssh-cl provider
> alone should honor those.

So even if ssh-cl is going to start coasters, wouldn't you still want to honor those variables?
What if the machine I am using sshcl to start coasters on requires a different username than the one that it is defaulted to?  I know you can use a .ssh/config file for that but then why even have the option to specify it in Swift?