[Swift-user] apps running with different number of cores or in different numbers per node

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 6 20:47:39 CST 2012

To do this, define multiple sites, one for each value of jobsPerNode
etc. Each site should have a unique uri on the sites pool entry
exection provider tag.

For an example of two pools on the same cluster see bin/runswift  in
the latest RCC tutorial in
https://svn.ci.uchicago.edu/svn/SwiftTutorials.

On 12/6/12, Lorenzo Pesce <lpesce at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> This is the trick
>
> I have to run a complex workflow and different parts of the workflow have
> require different amount of memory and or threads.
> Thus when I pack them, the number per node should vary.
>
> But the number of app per nodes is defined in the sites file, which is one
> per run.
>
> How do I do it? Can I do it?
>
> Lorenzo

Sent from my mobile device