[Swift-user] Memory is a serious issue

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 6 16:52:05 CST 2012

Unfortunately, there are no aces down the sleeve at this point.

When it's ready, Swift/T might provide better scalability.
If I have time, I might upgrade the Swift/K engine to the same end.

The simple things you can do now are:
- Don't run swift on login nodes. This won't solve the memory problem,
but it won't tax the login nodes.
- De-couple the coaster service (if you are using that) from swift by
running it non-local. This might give you some more memory for swift
alone.

Mihael