[Swift-user] OS X dependencies [Resolved]

Gustav Larsson larsson at uchicago.edu
Sun Apr 15 18:55:10 CDT 2012

Thank you Mihael! When arranging the bash -x output file, I happened
to spot the error and fixed it.

So in the output, I noticed SWIFT_HOME, which I had completely
forgotten that I had ever set. I tried removing it from my .bashrc and
swift ran without a hitch. On closer inspection, I had set my
SWIFT_HOME to cog/modules/swift instead of
cog/modules/swift/dist/swift-svn.

The bin/swift bash file checks for the required jar files when it
tries to automatically set SWIFT_HOME. It might be worth doing this
when the user has specified the SWIFT_HOME manually as well. This way
this problem can be avoided. I would be happy to implement this change
by the way.

I'm sorry for all the confusion and thank you for your help!

Gustav