[Swift-user] Call for Posters: The 21st Int. ACM Symp. on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC'12)

Ioan Raicu iraicu at cs.iit.edu
Sat Apr 14 07:12:50 CDT 2012

                       **** CALL FOR POSTERS ****

                 The 21st International ACM Symposium on
          High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing
                             (HPDC'12)

           Delft University of Technology, Delft, the Netherlands

                          June 18-22, 2012

                     http://www.hpdc.org/2012

The ACM International Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and
Distributed Computing (HPDC)
is the premier annual conference on the design, the implementation, the
evaluation, and
the use of parallel and distributed systems for high-end computing.
HPDC'12 will take place
in Delft, the Netherlands, a historical, picturesque city that is less
than one hour away
from Amsterdam-Schiphol airport. The conference will be held on June
20-22 (Wednesday to
Friday), with affiliated workshops taking place on June 18-19 (Monday
and Tuesday).

HPDC'12 will feature a poster session that will provide the right
environment for lively and
informal discussions on various high performance parallel and
distributed computing
topics.

We invite all potential authors to submit their contribution for this
poster session in the form of
a two-page PDF abstract (we recommend using the ACM Proceedings style,
and fonts not smaller than 10 point).
Posters may be accompanied by practical demonstrations.

Abstracts must be submitted by sending an email to:
hpdc-2012-posters at gmail.com before May 15th 2012, 23:59 CET.

Participating posters will be selected based on the following criteria:
     * Submissions must describe new, interesting ideas on any HPDC
topics of interest.
     * Submissions can present work in progress, but we strongly
encourage the authors to include preliminary
     experimental results, if available.
     * Student submissions meeting the above criteria will be given
preference.

Please provide the following information in your PDF file:

     * Poster title.
     * Author names, affiliations, and email addresses.
     * Note which authors, if any, are students.
     * Indicate if you plan to set up a demo with your poster (the
authors and organizers need to agree that
     the requirements for the demo to function can be met at the site of
the poster exhibition).

Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection via e-mail by May
20th, 2012. No reviews will be provided.
Posters will be published online on the conference Web site. Each poster
will also have an A0 panel
in a poster exhibition area, which will also include posters of the HPDC
accepted papers.

The poster session will be held on Wednesday, June 20, in the late
afternoon, and it will start with a poster
advertising session, during which the author(s) of each poster will give
a very short presentation (2 slides,
1-2 minutes) of their poster. Following these presentations, the poster
exhibition will be opened for visiting
and, we hope, for fruitful discussions. Therefore, we kindly request at
least one author of each poster to be
present throughout the entire session.

For any questions about the submission, selection, and presentation of
the accepted posters, please
contact the Poster Session Chair - Ana Lucia Varbanescu, Delft
University of Technology, The Netherlands.

Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
Distributed Systems Laboratory, MCS/ANL
Cel:    1-847-722-0876
Office: 1-312-567-5704