[Swift-user] Swift-MosaStore integration problem

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 27 21:26:35 CDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

strace has many options to trace on specific system calls, or *families* of system calls, to help reduce the volume of the trace and help you zero in on the things you care about. In particular, the -e file option:

"-e trace=file
                   Trace all system calls which take a file name as an argument.  You can think of this as an abbreviation
                   for -e trace=open,stat,chmod,unlink,...  which is useful to seeing what files the process is  referenc-
                   ing.   Furthermore,  using the abbreviation will ensure that you don't accidentally forget to include a
                   call like lstat in the list.  Betchya woulda forgot that one."

- Mike