[Swift-user] app argument int passed as float

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 21 14:33:48 CDT 2011

In at least some recent version of trunk, ints seem to get passed ok, as below.

Now lets see where the difference is.

- Mike

bri$ cat args.swift
type file;

app (file o) echo(int i)
{
  echo i stdout=@o;
}

file eo<"echo.out">;

eo=echo(123);
bri$ which swift
~/swift/rev/trunk/bin/swift
bri$ swift -version
no sites file specified, setting to default: /home/wilde/swift/rev/trunk/etc/sites.xml
Swift svn swift-r5234 cog-r3296

bri$ swift args.swift
no sites file specified, setting to default: /home/wilde/swift/rev/trunk/etc/sites.xml
Swift svn swift-r5234 cog-r3296

RunID: 20111021-1431-8mzx0ya2
Progress:  time: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:31:04 -0500
Final status: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:31:04 -0500  Finished successfully:1
bri$ cat echo.out
123
bri$