[Swift-user] queue problem?

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 19 14:39:22 CDT 2011

PPN is not set (so 1 is implied), workersPerNode is 1, the node
granularity is 4, maxNodes is 2 (which, btw overrides the granularity of
4).

According to that, there should be at most 2 workers in a block. Yet,
the blocks I see have 16 workers. This results in the ability to run
more jobs than thought possible, and inconsistencies like that are
considered to be errors.

So: what kind of magic causes there to be 16 workers instead of 2?

Mihael