[Swift-user] Limiting concurrent executing jobs

Ketan Maheshwari ketancmaheshwari at gmail.com
Mon May 2 19:05:05 CDT 2011

Hi Bill,

Your finding is right. To control the number of concurrent jobs on cluster, you will need to set the jobThrottle parameter in the sites file. The following formula decides the throttle value:

Number of concurrent jobs = ( jobthrottle + 0.01 ) X 100

Which means that if you want say 10 concurrent jobs to run in your cluster at any time, the job throttle needs to be 0.09

Furthermore, if you want to control the number of concurrent threads spawned by Swift engine, you need to set the foreach.max.threads in config file to a value you desire the numbers of threads to be.

Hope that helps,

Ketan