[Swift-user] Shared memory

Lorenzo Pesce lpesce at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 9 11:54:36 CDT 2011

I use a Cray XE6 with 24 core per node.
While some of the tasks I will work on will be very suited to Swift, one of my issues is memory. Specifically, some applications will require a small part of "independent" memory and a lot of common memory (e.g., a large data matrix). Usually, I would handle this with openMP or a global o co-array, depending upon its size.

Does swift have any mechanism to deal with this from independent programs or would I need to create an original code that deals with it? It seems unlikely, but I thought I might ask anyway.

Where can I find details about how Swift deals with the structure of a machine (e.g., cpu-binding, memory binding, NUMA node exploitation)?

Thanks a lot!

Lorenzo