[Swift-user] Mapping question: how to map an optional file?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 26 17:04:21 CDT 2010

Was: Re: mapping question

(relaying to swift-user to solicit additional thoughts)

Glen,

Offhand I dont see any alternative to the empty file. Ive had the same need in the past and dont see how to do it other than an empty file. Its almost like we need some way to represent a null file without the overhead of actually passing one. And some way to indicate when a null file is acceptable.

In your application would an empty file be problematic in performance or semantics?

- Mike

--
Michael Wilde
Argonne National Laboratory