[Swift-user] Coasters local:pbs and the coasters.log file debug output

Matthew Woitaszek matthew.woitaszek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 17:57:05 CST 2010

Hi Mihael,

Thanks so much for the logging pointers! I have to confess that I'm really
inexperienced with the log4j/Java logging facility, so those details were
exactly what I needed.

I tracked down the Coasters configuration in
cog/modules/provider-coaster/resources/log4j.properties and the two lines
that control what I was interested in were painfully obvious:

log4j.logger.org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster=INFO
log4j.logger.org.globus.cog.abstraction.impl.common.task.TaskImpl=DEBUG

After copying those over to swift-dist/etc/log4j.properties, the
Submitting|Submitted|Active messages I'm interested in get included when
running Swift with Coasters in the "local" (one JVM) mode.

Thanks again for your help!

Matthew