[Swift-user] Coasters and PBS resource requests: nodes and ppn

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 7 13:57:55 CST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 15:35 -0700, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 17:26 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
> > I'll try later as well. Mihael, Im wondering (from what I saw when I
> > did the earlier experiement with a coresPerNode variable, if we need
> > to add the line in BlockTask.java to copy the attribute from the
> > coaster jobspec to the block's jobspec?
>
> It should be copied. Maybe it's a bug. I'll have to try and see.

It wasn't copied and it wasn't a bug, but my misunderstanding.

Attributes are not directly copied since there is no one-to-one mapping
between jobs and coaster blocks. So theoretically some "merge" operation
needs to exist.

I added "ppn" as one of the attributes that is copied from the first
job, so the scenario I mentioned should now work.

This is cog r2927/trunk.

Mihael