[Swift-user] Question: Setting environment variables

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 28 12:39:57 CDT 2010

----- "Taleena R Sines" <trsines0 at frostburg.edu> wrote:

> What needs to be entered in the data file and what needs to be entered
> in the actual script?
>
> Thank you, I will post to the list

Lets say you want to invoke the program "myprog" from a Swift script.

You write an "app" function called myprog() in the .swift file, and in tc.data you add entries to specify the pathname of that program on each "site" (e.g., cluster) that you want to compute on.

This is described in the Swift Tutorial, in sec 3.2, Adding Another Application:

  http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/tutorial.php#id2884021

- Mike