[Swift-user] Question on coaster job time calculations

wilde at mcs.anl.gov wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 5 08:15:32 CDT 2010

In a Swift run with coasters, I set the sites element "maxTime" to 3 hours to accommodate the longest jobs that the script runs.  But the script starts by running a single pre-processing job that is set to maxWallTime 30 mins.

I would have expected this single job to get placed in a coaster PBS job set to a wallTime closer to 30 mins, but the PBS walltime was set to 90 mins (causing the job to wait in the short queue rather than start right away in the fast queue; I have the sites "queue" element set to "route" which selects the best queue based on PBS walltime).

Why is this?

All the config files are on the CI net in:

  /home/wilde/protests/T0517/run.raptorloops.2260

log is in:

  RaptorLoops-20100505-0801-1dtuj463.log

Mike

--