[Swift-user] swift on multiple pcs

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 20 18:26:26 CDT 2010

----- "Vipul Kumar Singh" <vipulkrsingh at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> (i) I have 4 ubuntu installations in virtual box..
>
> (ii) all have swift and can log in with ssh on each other...
>
> (iii) To make swift submit job to other node, is it required to setup
> any thing else (other than configuring sites.xml and swift.properties)

and make sure you put valid entries in tc.data for all app() application names you want to run on those nodes.

Make each node a "site" (ie a <pool> element) in sites.xml.

Make sure the <workdirectory> element in tc.data points to a valid directory on those machines.

And to use the ssh provider, set $HOME/.ssh/app.defaults appropriately.

Ive started to place some examples of these files