[Swift-user] Errors when not explicitly mapping outputs

wilde at mcs.anl.gov wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 3 19:35:20 CST 2010

Mark, it looks to me like the example below *should* work. One possibility is that your program is getting a multi-component pathname (or a filename with unexpected characters like "-") as the output name, is not prepared to handle it, and is thus failing. Can you check if that's the case, perhaps by adding some debug output to your program? You can also perhaps see in the swift .log file if it looks like your program is getting invoked.

There's no setting needed for the default concurrent_mapper to be used as the default for output datasets.  Try it with echo as the program, like this:

login1$ cat concecho.swift
type file;

app (file o) echo (string s) { echo @s stdout=@o; }

file output = echo("I am concurrent!");
login1$
login1$ rm -rf _concurrent/
login1$ swift concecho.swift
Swift svn swift-r3255 (swift modified locally) cog-r2723

RunID: 20100303-1932-e3lu2ez4
Progress:
Final status:  Finished successfully:1
login1$ ls _concurrent/
output-0ac30d79-2f99-4baf-839c-878d8400ca9f-
login1$ cat _concurrent/output-0ac30d79-2f99-4baf-839c-878d8400ca9f-
I am concurrent!
login1$

- Mike