[Swift-user] Re: Error with condor provider

wilde at mcs.anl.gov wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jun 23 12:03:12 CDT 2010

Arjun, I briefly provide here some tips for getting past this; may need some help from Mihael on it.

This is where (as I mentioned) we need to get the provider to leave the condor submit file, so we can see what its generating.

We also need to know where you ran this and what condor was used.

One place to start is to make your own condor submit file, try to re-create the error below, and then adjust the provider to remedy it.

Its *possible* that condor quoting conventions changed from the version that the provider was originally tested with to the version that you are running now.

Also, look at sec 5.2.3.5 in this Condor manual page:
  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/5_3Grid_Universe.html#SECTION00632500000000000000

which says that " needs to be escaped as \"

Its also possible that somehow the provider stopped doing this in some cases???

- Mike

--
Michael Wilde
Argonne National Laboratory