[Swift-user] Coaster provider is not allocating dedicated nodes

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 20 11:01:21 CST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 09:38 -0600, Michael Wilde wrote:
> Using the sites entry below, I see that coasters is allocating 8
> *shared* nods rather than *dedicated* nodes; hence its running many more
> processes per node than it should, causing the jobs to run longer than
> expected and exceed their walltime.

Right. It looks like the pbs provider uses nodes= and doesn't mess with
ppn=, which means it allocate nodes as defined by the local policy
(which may mean cores instead of nodes).

I suggest setting workersPerNode to 1, but then you run into the
previous problem, which I'm trying to fix now and for which I have an
open ticket with PADS support.