[Swift-user] two questions about Swift

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 16 14:22:25 CST 2010

----- "Justin M Wozniak" <wozniak at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> I can quickly deliver sin() and cos() by adding to swiftscript.Misc.
> definitely don't think he should call R for sin().  However:
>
> 1) What if we supported:
>
> x = 0.5;
> library("L", "org.my.lib");
> L:sin(x);
>
> where org.my.lib is in the classpath and extends FunctionsCollection?
> think this might be easily doable.

That sounds pretty useful for general extensibility.

I'd also suggest (in addition) a similar extension interface, but which like the "ext" mapper lets you write Swift functions as shell scripts or arbitrary executables.

Note that you can do sin() and basic math functions in awk or bc, so the app() based extensions would be a good way to prototype things initially.

> 2) Is there any way to get to the Karajan library?

I don't know. Mihael or Ben?

- Mike