[Swift-user] Specifying execution dependencies directly

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Sat Feb 6 12:03:15 CST 2010

Hi,

I have the following (what seems to me, typical) analysis scenario. I
am running multiple instances of task A, task B needs to wait until
all of the instances of A are completed, and analyze the outputs
produced by As.

If I was running this locally, I would pass the name of the directory
with the results to B. However, in Swift, I need to somehow define
that B cannot start until all of the As complete. Since B would expect
a directory name, or an arbitrarily long list of files, I am not sure
how this can be done. Should I develop the workflow as a shell script
that would run swift script with As, then run B locally, then proceed
with the rest of the computation?

This seems like a common task in workflows, I would think there is a
solution in Swift for this, but I can't seem to find it in the guide.
Can anyone help?

--
Andriy Fedorov, Ph.D.

Research Fellow