[Swift-user] Errors in 13-site OSG run: lazy error question

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 26 23:11:55 CDT 2010

Glen, I wonder if whats happening here is that Swift will retry and lazily run past *job* errors, but the error below (a mapping error) is maybe being treated as an error in Swift's interpretation of the script itself, and this causes an immediate halt to execution?

Can anyone confirm that this is whats happening, and if it is the expected behavior?

Also, Glen, 2 questions:

1) Isn't the error below the one that was fixed by Mihael in a recent revision - the same one I looked at earlier in the week?

2) Do you know what errors the "Failed but can retry:8" message is referring to?

Where is the log/run directory for this run?  How long did it take to get the 589 jobs finished?  It would be good to start plotting these large multi-site runs to get a sense of how the scheduler is doing.

- Mike

--
Michael Wilde
Argonne National Laboratory