[Swift-user] Re: [Swift-devel] trouble resuming

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 25 13:57:43 CDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 13:30 -0500, skenny at uchicago.edu wrote:
> ok, i see what you're saying...it's 'theoretically' possible,
> but how to actually tell swift to do it is the tricky bit ;)

Right. I suspect the problem is that external variables don't have
mappers that implement things properly. I'd file a bug report.

> in order to test restart, i made the workflow die by deleting
> the remote db table it's trying to access while the worflow
> was still running.

If you mess with intermediate data, whether external or not, even if
swift resumes, things are going to be in an inconsistent state.

>  in this case, it looks like nothing is
> written to the rlog (w/the exception of its timestamp).

Right. Things are only rlogged when the application is successful.