[Swift-user] Re: [Swift-devel] trouble resuming

skenny at uchicago.edu skenny at uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 23 02:55:55 CDT 2009

i think the main issue is that the rlog only contains
thread id's/mappings for files and not externals (even if
that's all you return).

e.g. the rlog will contain something like:

null.!unmapped
null.!unmapped
null.!unmapped
null.!unmapped
null.!unmapped

if externals could be logged, i think the code below would
still need to have loop_query return its external in order for
that to work properly...regardless though, i don't *think*
jobs relying entirely on externals can be resumed in swift,
but maybe mihael will tell me i'm wrong and that there's a
magical solution ;)

~sk