[Swift-user] Problems in complex mapping situation

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Fri Mar 20 11:13:15 CDT 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> - does this behavior start as soon as the directory hits 50 elements?

it doesn't start/stop - its always there. something like a base-25
representation of the array index is constructed and used to name
directories, one base-25 digit being one directory name. if you store a
small array (under 25 at the moment) you'll get a single base-25 digit in
your index and so a single level. You should see what happens in the
present implementation if you make a bunch of entries and look in the
_concurrent/ directory.

> - if the first element I store is, say 1000, is it triggered?

n/a

> - does it map arrays of structures?

yes