[Swift-user] Swift/PBS Scheduler Slow to Report "Finished"?

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 19 17:24:33 CDT 2009

I think using coasters direct to PBS would be a good approach for you to
try. Your jobs will finish fast and send their data back. Im no sure if
the Swift engine itself will exit when all the jobs are done, or if it
will wait for the coaster-worker PBS jobs to terminate. Even if so, that
should still enable you to do a lot of productive workflow testing and
experimentation. You'll know all the jobs are done from the progress
report on stdout.