[Swift-user] TeraPort to OSG

Melinda Chin me.melly at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:36:28 CDT 2009

I don't know if this question belongs here, and it's a relatively simple one
to answer I think.

I was trying to remotely access the clemson site through teraport, but this
error and other error's like this keeps popping up

[mchin at tp-login2 ~]$ globus-job-run osgce.cs.clemson.edu /bin/pwd

ERROR: Couldn't find a valid proxy.
Use -debug for further information.

ERROR: proxy does not exist

Syntax : globus-job-run {[-:] <contact string> [-np N] <executable>
[<arg>...]}...

Use -help to display full usage.

[mchin at tp-login2 ~]$

I really hope it's just me typing the command wrong.  I also thought it
might have something to do with my certificates aren't all in place?  A
couple weeks ago I had an issue with my certificate being reissued and so it
didn't match, but right now I can run globus-job-run just fine on the the
clemson side.  Perhaps also it has something to do with the swift tutorial
where it says to access remotely:

*The site catalog is located in etc/sites.xml and is a relatively
straightforward XML format file. We must modify each of the following three
settings: gridftp (which indicates how and where data can be transferred to
the remote resource), jobmanager (which indicates how applications can be
run on the remote resource) and workdirectory (which indicates where working
storage can be found on the remote resource).*

However, I don't undrestand the exact steps I must take to edit gridftp,
jobmanagr, and workdirecotry to be able to allow me access to the other
side.

Thanks,
Melinda Chin