[Swift-user] Swift on local resources

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at cs.wm.edu
Fri Jun 12 13:18:09 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to set up Swift with the local cluster and non-cluster
resources in our lab. Here some configuration details.

Due to technical problems, passphrase login is not possible for the
nodes on local network, and I need to enter password each time.

For the cluster, I was able to set up passphrase login for the head
node. The cluster is running Lava and Condor schedulers at the same
time, but Lava should be used if possible.

Two questions:

(1) is it possible to configure Swift to talk to Lava scheduler?

(2) I am following the instructions on setting up ssh site provider to
use nodes on the local network.
  (2.1) do I need to set up auth.defaults even if I have ssh-agent
running, and can ssh to the remote node without being asked for
password?
  (2.2.) can anybody give me more detailed instructions on how to set
up auth.defaults? I cannot make it work.

Thanks

Andriy Fedorov