[Swift-user] Expanding arrays in app function command lines

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Tue Jan 27 04:52:16 CST 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009, Michael Wilde wrote:

> The app cmd line template is:
>
> runoops @fasta @secseq @pdb @pdt @rmsd jobnum cfgParams[*]  stdout=@log;

> config[0] = "TEMP UPDATE INTERVAL";         config[1]="10";
> config[2] = "SMOOTH DEVIATION COEFFICIENT"; config[3]="0.80001";
>
> What gets sent to the command line is:
>
> [0.80001, SMOOTH DEVIATION COEFFICIENT, TEMP UPDATE INTERVAL, 10]

Looking at this, and aside from implementing better functionality, I think
there has been a change of behaviour here from earlier versions of Swift.
It used to be, I think, that config[*] would have generated a sequence of
commandline parameters when used on the command line (so pretty much what
you wanted). There's no language-behaviour/ test for [*] though.