[Swift-user] How to the maximum number of concurrent jobs allowed on a site to a fixed size?

Yi Zhu yizhu at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 6 15:15:23 CDT 2009

Hi, all

As we've already know, Swift dynamically change the maximum number of
concurrent jobs allowed on a site based on the performance history of
that site. According to swift Document: Each site is assigned a score
(initially 1), which can increase or decrease based on whether the site
yields successful or faulty job runs. The score for a site can take
values in the (0.1, 100) interval. The number of allowed jobs is
calculated using the following formula:

2 + score*throttle.score.job.factor

We can change the throttle.score.job.factor in sites.xml or
swift.properties files, but since the "score" value can be
increased/decreased during the execution, It seems that we can not
really set the maximum  number of concurrent jobs allowed on a site to a
fixed number. Anyone have any idea of that?

Many Thanks.

-Yi Zhu