[Swift-user] Swift build problems

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at cs.wm.edu
Wed Sep 10 10:48:44 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Mihael Hategan <hategan at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> That tool is looking for a javac in ${java.home}/bin/ (and I assume it
> sets that system property from JAVA_HOME). Not finding it, it tries the
> current directory.

This may well be true.

However, the question is why it is not finding javac in
$JAVA_HOME/bin, while it is clearly present there?

My guess is, it may be because earlier memory allocation failed, and
there was garbage somewhere in memory, that confused ant about javac
location.

So, there may be hope in resolving the weird javac error by resolving
the memory allocation problem. Having googled related issues, I was
not been able to find any solution to this, so I am just not going to
use that particular system with svn Swift. This is not critical right
now, I was just wondering if this is an issue known to the community.