[Swift-user] Workflow handling a large parallelism ?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed May 7 10:45:47 CDT 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Tiberiu Stef-Praun wrote:

> This worked, thank you !
> The simple_mapper is a bit unintuitive, I would call it
> sequential_file_mapper or something like that

no more renaming!

> and remove the limitation that file names get only 4 digits generated
> automatically (and zero-padded).

Perhaps precision parameters that allow: padding to be specified (and to
what width) or no padding. So you might say padding=4 to get 4 digits (the
present behaviour) or padding=0 to get no padding at all. This is listed
as bug 139 now.

This is only necessary for output files.

For input files, the names already exist, though there is a bug open about
some other aspect of this causing a problem (bug 116).