[Swift-user] Re: [falkon-user] 1) disable retry mechanism and 2) continue on failure?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sun Mar 30 20:46:28 CDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Ioan Raicu wrote:

hmm. this:

> > Directory: amps2-20080330-1849-hnpls37c/jobs/y/runam6-yvkudjqi

doesn't match up with this:

> Here is the command we invoke as seen by Falkon:
> > execute: /bin/bash shared/wrapper.sh runam6-xvkudjqi -jobdir x -e

as in, swift is expecting to run job id yvkudjqi and you are claiming that
falkon is running the wrapper script associated with job id xvkudjqi.

That seems wrong - did you cut and paste the wrong log line or is there
some mismatch going on in the code? Can you check? Swift should make at
most one submission for any job id (that looks like yvkudjqi) so if you
see Falkon trying to run code for any one job ID more than once something
is awry.

Also, I remembered another time i've seen errors like that this
mkdir/already exists problem was to do with broken file mappings, but it
looks like you are inputting only numerical values and outputting a single
file, so I think that won't be a problem ehre.