[Swift-user] Specifying 32/64 bit hosts on uc-teragrid

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 21 11:17:28 CDT 2008

Mike, this userguide section says how to use your own .swift file to
override one in the $SWIFT_HOME tree:

http://www.ci.uchicago.edu/swift/guides/userguide.php#engineconfiguration

"Various aspects of the behavior of the Swift Engine can be configured
through properties. The Swift Engine recognizes a global, per
installation properties file which can found in
$SWIFT_HOME/etc/swift.properties and a user properties file which can be
created by each user in ~/.swift/swift.properties. The Swift Engine will
first load the global properties file. It will then try to load the user
properties file. If a user properties file is found, individual
properties explicitly set in that file will override the respective
properties in the global properties file. Furthermore, some of the
properties can be overridden directly using command line arguments to
the swift command."

- Mike