[Swift-user] suggestion for program flow control

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 16:50:34 CDT 2008

> Since I do no want to pass a result file for each of the thousand
> processed files in the loop, I have added an additional localhost script
> that checks to see if X number of results file have been produced and
> then generates a text file that is passed into the swift function that
> parses the results.

>From a swift-purist perspective, you shouldn't be saying "I do not want to
pass files around" without substantial justification (eg. evidence that it
hurts performance - which it presumably does?). More interesting is to see
how stuff works entirely file-based and figure out what is going wrong
with that approach.

What you post sounds like there's some foldy stuff that has been talked
about before - its probably interesting to talk about that a bit more - eg
imagine if you could write what you are doing in SwiftScript and point out
what is going wrong at the moment.