[Swift-user] Re: Using > 1 CPU per compute node under GRAM

JP Navarro navarro at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 21 18:28:28 CDT 2008

It's definitely subject to local resource manager/scheduling policy
configuration.
At UC/ANL, for example, there's an explicit policy that says 1 job per
node. Each
job can of course run 1-n processes that share the 2 processors.
There's nothing
gram can do to get around that policy.

You'll need to ask NCSA whether their policies allow multiple jobs on
one node.
If Abe allows only one job per node, then it's up to your one job to
spawn off
enough processes/threads to use the 8 cores.

JP