[Swift-user] Help: Error in Swift: Exitcode file not found 5 queue polls after the job was reported done

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Thu Jan 31 17:31:21 CST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Quan Tran Pham wrote:

> So apparently, I cannot write to the worker node /var/tmp!

That isn't the problem.

The problem is that /var/tmp on a worker node is a different directory to
/var/tmp on the head node - if I put a file in /var/tmp on machine A, it
does not appear in /var/tmp on machine B.

Your home directory, on the other hand, is the same directory on every
node in the cluster - if I put a file in ~quanpt on machine A, I can see
it in ~quanpt on machine B.

The site working directory needs to be shared between all of the worker
nodes and the head node.