[Swift-user] Swift running errors

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Wed Feb 20 05:41:16 CST 2008

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, lixi at uchicago.edu wrote:

> Failed to transfer kickstart records from workflowtest-
> 20080219-1447-1hztqje9/kickstart/8/CIT_CMS_T2Exception in
> getFile

Sometimes this happens because there was an error running you job for some
other reason (so the job didn't run, a kickstart record wasn't generated
and it couldn't be transfered). Have a look in the log file for an error
earlier than that (or put the log files online some so I can look).

> 2. When runing a workflow which involves 1000nodes, I
> encounter the following errors very frequently, but not all
> the time:
[..]
>         java.io.IOException: Too many open files

What machine are you running on? Have you changed any configuration
parameters? A basic 1000 job workflow should run fine with the default
settings.

On the machine you are running on, type   ulimit -a   and paste that here.