[Swift-user] ext mapper int params getting coerced to float?

Ben Clifford benc at hawaga.org.uk
Sat Aug 2 04:44:31 CDT 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Michael Wilde wrote:

> When the int values i and ndir reach my mapper script they are coming in with
> ".0" after the int values:

> Is thsis a result of the internal numeric types being uplifted to floats for
> to simplify type checking?

Its not a result of recent type checking work (or shouldn't be) - that
work is only prohibitive, in as much as Swift programs which work now
should behave as they did before, but the set of Swift programs which will
be accepted is now smaller.

Its likely an artifact of the rather hazy internal handling of numbers in
the runtime layer.

> Im assuming this does not happen when ints are expanded into a command line
> inside an app{} construct

No idea, but it would be interesting to try.