[Swift-user] sites.xml entry for Abe teragrd site

Michael Wilde wilde at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 14 14:39:39 CDT 2008

Mike, I think this is pretty close to what you need, but I did not test it:

<pool handle="abe" sysinfo="INTEL32::LINUX">
     <gridftp url="gsiftp://grid-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org"/>
     <jobmanager universe="vanilla"
        url="grid-abe.ncsa.teragrid.org/jobmanager-pbs" major="2"/>
     <workdirectory>/cfs/scratch/users/mkubal/swiftwork</workdirectory>
   -or-
     <workdirectory>/u/ac/mkubal/swiftwork</workdirectory>
   - be sure to create these swiftwork dirs first!
</pool>

What you should do:

create the swiftwork dirs listed above
first is for large scratch space,
second is for your persistent user space

remove the -comments- above and use only one workdirectory.

I think you can use mainly the scratch one for now

test submitting a simple command via globus-job-run (first to the
default for jobmanger, then to jobmanager-pbs)

test copying a short file to the work dirs using globus-url copy

then try a simple workflow

Ben, Sarah or Mihael may be able to help you find out if WS-GRAM is
available and working on Abe.  If so, you should switch to that to avoid
overrunning Abe's gatekeeper. And use the throttling properties that you
and Ben worked out.