[Swift-user] Success with fork, but exception in getFile with condor

Anand Padmanabhan anand-padmanabhan-1 at uiowa.edu
Tue Sep 18 16:53:44 CDT 2007

>> Also, is there a way (some parameter we specify), so that swift not to
>> set the initialdir parameter. This way the job can finish in what ever
>> directory it gets dumped to by the batch system and then possibly copy
>> files over to expected location in the $OSG_DATA directory.
>
> No. There is no such parameter yet.
>
> Is not implementing random bits of an otherwise standard interface an
> acceptable thing on OSG? Are there any other "surprises" we should be
> aware of?

In OSG it is upto the sites to decide what they want to support, this is
not one of the mandatory requirement that is placed on the site. A large
number of sites do support it (Jing is running successfully on around 15
sites now), though there are few that do not support it.

Another thing you need to be aware that there is no requirement to have
a shared file system in OSG, though again many sites do provide a DATA
directory.

Thanks
Anand