[Swift-devel] user guide work

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 16 16:04:41 CDT 2015

Hi,

Mike pointed out that I should probably post a link to what I'm trying
to do with the user guide just in case things are going awfully wrong.
So here it is:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~hategan/ug/ug/ug.html

Mike mention K&R a number of times and I think I like that general idea.
The above, so far, is a mix between K&R Chapter 2 and Appendix A.

The main idea is to keep things concise by separating parallelism
behaviour from what a program actually does. In that sense, one would
first describe the language, and then go into the details of how a
particular implementation goes about running programs.

I'm not particularly opposed to starting with a brief tutorial in the
spirit of K&R Chapter 1.

Mihael