[Swift-devel] Coaster Task Submission Stalling

Tim Armstrong tim.g.armstrong at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 13:10:52 CDT 2014

I meant the github master., but it turns out that I had had the wrong Swift
on my path.  Apologies for the confusion.

I've rerun with the current one.

I'm getting a null pointer exception on line 226 of
BlockQueueProcessor.java.  Adding some printfs revealed that settings was
null.

Log attached.

- Tim

Job: Job(id:0 600.000s)
Settings: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.checkJob(BlockQueueProcessor.java:228)
    at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.enqueue1(BlockQueueProcessor.java:210)
    at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.BlockQueueProcessor.enqueue(BlockQueueProcessor.java:204)
    at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.job.manager.JobQueue.enqueue(JobQueue.java:103)
    at
org.globus.cog.abstraction.coaster.service.SubmitJobHandler.requestComplete(SubmitJobHandler.java:96)
    at
org.globus.cog.coaster.handlers.RequestHandler.receiveCompleted(RequestHandler.java:112)
    at
org.globus.cog.coaster.channels.AbstractCoasterChannel.handleRequest(AbstractCoasterChannel.java:589)
    at
org.globus.cog.coaster.channels.AbstractStreamCoasterChannel.step(AbstractStreamCoasterChannel.java:175)
    at org.globus.cog.coaster.channels.Multiplexer.run(Multiplexer.java:90)