[Swift-devel] Problems calling java.lang.String format method

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Thu Oct 23 19:23:29 CDT 2014

To clarify:

On 10/23/14 6:45 PM, Michael Wilde wrote:
> Or better yet: is there already an undocumented sprintf( ) function
> (which is what Im trying to do here).
I forgot: I was aware of the current Swift sprintf. But I need a sprintf
that provides the standard format codes so that I can control field
width for forming file names from data values.

Swift K's current sprintf( ) is very limited.  Swift T's is like the C
standard, which is what I need.

I hacked the capability I needed by calling the shell builtin printf as
an app, but that's not so pretty because I can't call an app with "var
args".

Mathematics and Computer Science          Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory               The University of Chicago