[Swift-devel] Workers fail on some OSG sites

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Tue Oct 14 12:16:06 CDT 2014

On 10/14/14 12:10 PM, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 11:54 -0500, Michael Wilde wrote:
>
>> But on several sites, worker.pl encounters errors like the ones below:
> What do you mean by "like"?
I meant that these were an actual example of the error messages being seen.

>> send: Cannot determine peer address at cscript3076873223245775853.pl
>> line 490
>> Failed to process data: Failed to register (service returned error: No
>> such block: 1013-5205390-000018) at cscript3076873223245775853.pl line 1101.
>> Failed to process data: Failed to register (service returned error: No
>> such block: 1013-5205390-000051) at cscript3076873223245775853.pl line 1101.
>> Failed to process data: Failed to register (service returned error: No
>> such block: 1013-5205390-000043) at cscript3076873223245775853.pl line 1101.
> This occurs when a worker started by one service tries to connect to a
> different service.
Thats a good clue. Yadu, is that possible in this case?  Please provide
details of the configuration.

> Mihael

Mathematics and Computer Science          Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory               The University of Chicago