[Swift-devel] iPython parallel coasters

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Thu May 29 15:43:18 CDT 2014

On 5/29/14, 3:32 PM, Tim Armstrong wrote:
> Aside from It seems that it would be difficult (impossible?) to build
> things like provider staging on top of this.
I'd envision using GridFTP for staging; it seems to be well-callable
from Python, as demonstrated by the GO transfer client (as well as, I
think, SAGA).

Having said all that - and started this thread - I'd also like to see
the coaster binding to Swift/T actually work to the point of user-readiness.

I've got to believe, Mihael, Justin, Tim, and Yadu, that if you set your
mind to this and worked closely on it, you could jointly break through
all current problems and actually make this work, provider-staging included.