[Swift-devel] FQNs use in Swift

Michael Wilde wilde at anl.gov
Mon Jun 23 08:41:00 CDT 2014

I don't think they matter in tc.data and sites.xml, since with the new
config mechanism in 0.95 these files should seldom be visible to users.

I think namespaces might more important in the language itself, to
support a richer package model for script libraries.

But neither is high priority at the moment.  I feel we should leave the
namespaces in tc and sites as-is for now.

- Mike

On 6/22/14, 7:40 PM, Mihael Hategan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are your general feelings toward namespaces in various places in
> swift (e.g. tc.data, sites.xml)? Do you like them? Think they are
> necessary? Would like to see them gone?
>
> Mihael

Mathematics and Computer Science          Computation Institute
Argonne National Laboratory               The University of Chicago