[Swift-devel] Notes from trying new config

Yadu Nand Babuji yadunand at uchicago.edu
Wed Jul 16 17:36:40 CDT 2014

Hi

I just tried to run some test scripts using trunk and these are my
observations:

I copied the swift.conf file from the configuration section in the trunk
userguide.

1. I got an error about lazy.errors=false. Found that lazy.errors has
been replaces by lazyErrors. Minor doc mismatch here.
2. Then I got a swift.conf:2 missing mandatory property
'site.local.workDirectory'
3. Then this -> swift.conf:2 missing mandatory property
'site.local.filesystem.type'
     - This one is missing documentation as well.

I like that there are sensible error messages, but at the same time I
feel that the config file has gotten a bit more verbose
that the 0.95 swift.properties. I really like the 0.95 feature where you
could have several sites defined in your config file, and
then you choose what sites to run on from the commandline using
-sites=<sites1, ...>. This makes the commandline very
simple and helps with tutorials and demos.

I could not get past this error once it looked like the config was fixed.

swift -config swift.conf sanity.swift
Swift trunk swift-r8021 cog-r4025 (cog modified locally)
RunID: run014
Could not start execution:
     Import of 'swift.k' failed, import @ sanity.kml, line: 5:
     Invalid node definition class:
org.griphyn.vdl.karajan.lib.Mapping$Cons, def @ swift.k, line: 91:
     org.griphyn.vdl.karajan.lib.Mapping$Cons

-Yadu