[Swift-devel] Issues to resolve for the 0.96 config mechanism

Mihael Hategan hategan at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 14 15:06:38 CDT 2014

If there are no comments or suggestions besides what has already been
said, I'll keep the 5 step search path exactly as it is in 0.95. Please
do comment if you have something to say. We're less likely to re-visit
the issue in the future.

Anyway, the second issue is whether we want automatic or explicit
inheritance. In other words, do we want all of the 5 steps to be loaded
in order, non-existing files being silently skipped, or do we want the
first file in the search path to have to explicitly include others. Or
do we want a mixed behavior (such as SWIFT_SITE_CONF and ./swift.conf
both loaded automaticaly but not others)?

Mihael